Because of your endlessly hard work, your SaaS (Software as a Service) company now has a brilliant product.
But nobody’s buying.
Truth is – you’re competing in a saturated market, and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to stand out and reach your target audience.
In this article, I’ll show you the seven best SaaS SEO agencies that can help you do just that.
Best SaaS SEO Agencies to Accelerate Your Business Growth – Overview
Smash Digital, founded by Travis Jamison in 2010, is a top-tier SEO agency for startups, especially those in the SaaS industry.
The agency takes a customized approach, offering a full range of services such as SEO audits, link building, and fully managed SEO.
The audits cover keyword research, content optimization, competitor analysis, and website structure improvement, forming a strategic plan to meet unique business needs. Link building, often a challenge for many agencies, is Smash Digital’s forte. Here’s a Smash Digital case study of increasing a SaaS client’s revenue by 332%.
The fully managed SEO package offers:
- In-depth analysis of your website and competitors,
- Technical audits
- White hat backlinking
- Learning from competitors
- Scaling up after analysis
The company is transparent and adjusts its pricing, starting at $2,500/month, to align with the specific needs and budgets of startups.
Smash Digital’s successful track record includes increasing a SaaS client’s revenues and organic traffic by 332% and 269% respectively within the first year, demonstrating its efficacy in a competitive niche.
Stryde is a digital marketing agency known for boosting web traffic and enhancing client positioning via best SEO practices.
Their strength lies in their deep understanding of marketing strategies, coupled with effective use of paid search ads and social media. They are firm believers in the power of the right digital strategy, backing every entrepreneurial venture, big or small. Stryde’s experts conduct thorough technical SEO audits before crafting and executing a strategic roadmap.
They offer a robust, comprehensive SEO strategy for global businesses, particularly excelling in e-commerce SEO. They analyze your current processes, tool integrations, automations, workflows, and data to expand your organic search footprint.
Their SEO methodology follows a four-step framework:
- Technical SEO
- Website Optimization
- Content Creation & Optimization
- Link Building
These steps aim to optimize your pages for revenue-generating keywords, create engaging content that nurtures your ideal customer, and build website credibility to drive more traffic. Stryde emphasizes having an SEO roadmap to highlight focus areas and priorities based on their potential impact on rankings and revenue.
Stryde is a promising choice for any SaaS company seeking to scale effectively.
KlientBoost is an SEO marketing agency that claims to generate more revenue than any other marketing team.
And I don’t doubt it. Their results are remarkable.
It’s one of those agencies that will let you sleep soundly at night, knowing that your SaaS SEO is in good hands.
Don’t take my word for it, though. Take their client’s word. MiTio experienced a 4000% increase in their conversions and a 170% increase in organic traffic. Or just look through their near endless catalogue of published client case studies.
KlientBoost prides itself on transforming complex marketing strategies into simple and powerful outcomes.
Their services include:
- Paid Advertising (PPC, SEM, and eCommerce)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
- Email Marketing (Email automation, outbound email marketing)
MADX is an SEO agency that focuses on helping technology, SaaS, and software companies increase their organic traffic and sales. They have experience working with a variety of fast-growing SaaS clients, helping them scale their SEO strategies.
Their services include keyword research and technical optimization, which are essential for SaaS companies looking to grow their monthly recurring revenue (MMR). MADX has a track record of significantly increasing organic site traffic for its clients.
Their services include:
- SEO for SaaS
- Keyword research
- Technical optimization
- Content marketing
- Link building
- Paid search
MADX’s CEO is Toni Koraza, who describes himself as a “content guy” who helps SaaS companies reach $100 million in annual recurring revenue through product-led SEO.
MADX has a track record of impressive results for its clients. For instance, they helped Postalytics, a direct mail automation software company, increase its organic site traffic by 28 times in less than a year.
Writing Studio is a content creation service with a focus on various types of writing. Their founder and CEO is Philip Ghezelbash, who has an extensive background in content creation. He has experience growing blogs, writing books, and working as a freelance writer. His goal is to make content creation easy for all companies. Outside of his work, Philip enjoys playing basketball, listening to music, and reading.
The range of services provided by Writing Studio can be immensely beneficial to a SaaS (Software as a Service) company for various reasons:
The services offered include:
- Blog Post and Article Writing
- SEO Writing
- E-book and White Paper Writing
- Product Description Writing
- Technical Writing
- Web Content Services
- Newsletter Writing
- Press Release Writing
These services can deliver a variety of benefits for your SaaS company.
Regularly publishing high-quality blog posts and articles, along with SEO-optimized content, can help establish your brand as an authority and boost visibility through higher search engine rankings.
E-books and white papers can showcase your thought leadership and serve as effective lead magnets.
Writing Studio’s comprehensive content creation services can help a SaaS company improve its SEO, establish its brand authority, increase customer engagement and conversion, and ultimately boost its bottom line.
Directive Consulting is a performance marketing agency specializing in customer generation for tech companies, including SaaS companies.
They have a team of over 150 tech marketers and have generated over 1 billion in revenue for their clients. Their services can be particularly beneficial for a SaaS company in the following ways:
- SEO Content
- Paid Media Advertising
- Holistic Market Research
- Lifecycle Marketing
- Web Creative and Video Services
Directive Consulting has had a significant impact on their clients’ performance, with one client experiencing a 178% growth in organic traffic, a 93% increase in organic lead generation, and a 44% improvement in PPC lead generation.
Titan Growth is a digital marketing agency that helps Software as a Service (SaaS) businesses grow online. Packing strong technology, powerful partnerships
The CEO of Titan Growth is Danny Shepherd, who has served as the company’s President for more than 15 years. He has been named one of San Diego’s most admired CEOs by the San Diego Business Journal, and has been featured in Forbes and Inc. Magazine.
One of their clients, Blackbaud, saw a 1398% increase in first page rankings and a $22 million increase in revenue.
- TitanBOT® technology: Emulates the way search engines crawl your site and helps Titan Growth predict how search engines will respond to the changes they make to your site.
- Partnerships with major platforms: Titan Growth is a Google Agency Partner, Bing Agency Partner, Facebook Agency Partner, and LinkedIn Agency Partner. I guarantee customer support won’t leave them on hold.
- Award-winning team: Titan Growth has a track record of digital marketing success that spans over 15 years. They’ve received numerous awards and accolades, such as Search Engine Journal’s Best Agency, San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places to Work (for five years in a row) and others.
How important is SEO for SaaS?
SEO is extremely important for SaaS companies. Here’s why:
Effective SEO can help a SaaS company rank higher in search results, increasing visibility and attracting more potential customers.
Reduced Customer Acquisition Cost
SEO is a form of inbound marketing, which generally has a lower cost per acquisition compared to outbound strategies like paid advertising.
Trust and Credibility
High rankings in search results are often associated with credibility. By ranking highly, a SaaS company can position itself as a trusted and reliable choice in its market.
Unlike paid advertising, which stops yielding results as soon as you stop paying, SEO can provide long-term benefits. Once you’ve achieved a high ranking, it can sustain itself with light maintenance.
If you can outperform your competitors in SEO, you can capture the lion’s share of traffic.
SEO for SaaS companies can be quite unique and challenging, which is why the best solution is often to outsource the work to a specialized SEO agency.
Why Your SaaS Needs to Outsource SEO
Outsourcing SEO as a SaaS business can bring several key benefits:
- Expertise and Experience: SEO is a complex and ever-evolving field. It requires a deep understanding of search algorithms, keyword research, link building, technical SEO, and more. Outsourcing to an SEO agency brings that expertise to your business. These agencies have experienced professionals who are up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and changes.
- Time Efficiency: SEO involves continuous monitoring, testing, tweaking, and content creation. As a SaaS business, your primary focus should be on improving your product and serving your customers. Outsourcing SEO allows you to focus on your core business while experts handle your SEO.
- Cost-Efficiency: Hiring a full-time, in-house SEO professional or team can be expensive, especially when you consider salaries, benefits, and overhead costs. Outsourcing can often be more cost-effective, as you’re only paying for the services you need.
- Access to Advanced Tools: SEO agencies typically invest in the latest tools and software to help them deliver the best results for their clients. By outsourcing, you gain access to these resources without having to purchase them yourself.
- Scalability: As your business grows, your SEO needs will likely grow as well. An outsourced SEO agency can easily scale its services to match your business’s growth, whereas scaling an in-house team would require more recruitment and training.
- Avoiding Pitfalls: An experienced SEO agency will know how to avoid penalties from search engines for over-optimization or “black hat” techniques. They can guide your strategy to ensure it aligns with best practices.
- Fresh Perspective: An external SEO agency can provide a fresh perspective on your business and might identify opportunities or issues that someone too close to the project may miss.
However, it’s important to note that not all SEO agencies are created equal. It’s crucial to carefully choose an SEO partner that has a proven track record of working with companies like yours.
How do you choose an SEO agency to work with?
Choosing the right SEO agency is a crucial decision for a SaaS company. Here are several factors to consider:
- Experience with SaaS: The SEO strategies that work best for SaaS may be different from those for other types of businesses. Look for an agency that has experience working with SaaS companies.
- Proven Track Record: The agency should be able to provide case studies or examples of previous work, including quantifiable results.
- Understanding of Your Market: The agency needs to understand your target audience, your product, and your market. They should be able to conduct effective keyword research based on these factors and develop content that appeals to your audience.
- Transparency: The agency should be upfront about their strategies and techniques. SEO is a long-term process and it’s important to work with a partner who keeps you informed about what they’re doing and why.
- Reporting and Communication: Find out how often you’ll receive reports and what they’ll include. Regular reports that break down the performance of your SEO strategy can help you understand whether your investment is paying off. Also, consider how easy it is to communicate with the agency – do they respond promptly and clearly to your questions or concerns?
- Services Offered: SEO is multifaceted, involving keyword research, link building, technical SEO, content creation, and more. Be sure the agency offers all the services you need. Some agencies also offer related services like social media marketing or PPC advertising, which you might find useful.
- Pricing: Consider your budget and how the agency’s pricing structure fits into it. Remember, though, that while cost is a factor, the cheapest agency is not always the best choice.
- Culture Fit: Consider whether the agency is a good fit for your company’s culture. You’ll be working closely with them, so it’s important that communication is smooth and that they understand and align with your company’s values.
- Compatibility With Your Marketing Team: Collaboration between an SEO agency and an in-house marketing team can yield excellent results if managed effectively. Make sure the agency is capable of cooperating in a way that suits you.
Remember to take your time in this decision process. An effective SEO strategy can be a significant investment, but when done right, the ROI can be substantial.
How Much Do Services of a SaaS SEO Agency Cost?
The cost of SEO services for a SaaS company can vary widely based on the size of the company, the complexity of its website, the competitiveness of its industry, and the specific services required.
On average, SEO agencies in the U.S. charge anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000 per month, while hourly rates can range from $100 to $300.
High-end agencies or projects with extensive requirements can cost significantly more.
Remember, you’re not just paying for the actual optimization, but also the expertise, tools, and time of the agency. It’s also important to consider the potential return on investment, as effective SEO can significantly increase traffic, leads, and sales over time.
Always ensure to clarify what’s included in the price and measure the results to evaluate the value provided.
Alright. We’ve walked through the ins and outs of seven top-notch SaaS SEO agencies, you now have a good idea of the best SaaS SEO agencies out there.
Just use the step by step guide from earlier to choose the right agency for you. Remember, the best fit for your business will depend on your specific needs, budget, and growth objectives.
Take some time to do your homework, maybe even reach out to a few of these agencies, and see what they can do for your business. It’s all about finding the right match to help your B2B SaaS business really take off.